Despite my lack of posting, I actually have been working on my bluetooth hardware, and am proud to report that I have had my first successful bluetooth wireless communication between my Windows machine and my CB280 microcontroller (its based on an Atmega128). Using Hyperterminal, I connected to the outgoing COM port created when the bluetooth… Continue reading Bluetooth Comes Alive!
After putting off working on this project for a bit, I’ve taken in up again this week and successfully used the bluetooth chips to send data between two computers. I set up one of the chips on my server (using a RS-232 adapter board), and used my D-Link DBT-120 bluetooth adapter on my desktop. Using… Continue reading Successful Bluetooth Transmission
Since I’ve solved the issues around the software portion of the system, I decided to get started on the hardware aspect of the project. I can’t really finish the software until I know exactly how the hardware will interact with everything. Most importantly, I need to determine how the chip will interface with the car… Continue reading Bluetooth Developemnt
I was having some problems getting the microcontroller I’m using for bluetooth development to recognize certain characters being sent to it via serial. What was baffling me was the fact that certain keys worked, but other did not. For example, characters such as @, #, $, etc were working fine, but letters were not. I’m… Continue reading ASCII Problem
Earlier this week, my development board with bluetooth chips arrived. The kit is from Comfile and uses their CB280 microcontroller. Their development software is very easy to use and will make developing applications a lot easier than using the Texas Instruments MSP-430 microcontroller that I had to use for one of my classes. You can… Continue reading Development Board